Hoppa till innehåll

Varför finns det inte fler vita/ljusa spön?

DanneW

Fisken får ju en viss vinkel i synfältet och nog står man rätt nära emellanåt...fast visst kan det hamna på en mer filosofisk nivå...men när lämnade vi all teori och filosofi och fiskade uteslutande rent praktiskt?

Om det skulle innebära en ökad chans till hugg med en promille så är det skäl nog att utforska... :)

Länk till kommentera
Dela på andra webbplatser

Geoffrey Bucknal gjorde helt avsiktligt en spöserie i glasfiber på 70-talet helt i ljusgrått för att han var övertygat om att det "skrämde" mindre :o

post-5526-0-92053600-1355258623_thumb.jp

Jag trodde inte riktigt på detta så det fick bli blå lindningar... :huh:

//age

Ett sånt spö har ju röda originallindningar..Mitt första och vackraste spö :)

Länk till kommentera

Var var det jag la det där osynliga ... *brak* ... spöet nu igen!? ;)

Är ju rätt kul om msn tänker på flaskor, tallrikar,kåsor och bestick osv som gärna säljs i militär/skogsgrön och blir skit svåra att hitta när man lagt dom i gräset eller så. Senast blev det en orange och en blå spork:)

Länk till kommentera

Colour concept. Loop Yellowlineklinga med knallröda lindningar :wub: skall nån gång köpa den ljusblåa klingan som böts ut mot en mörkblå. Sage Tcr i chilipepper red är en favorit. Klarröd klinga är ju ball. Tyckte cts orangea var lite tråkig, men kanske med ett lager pearl på ? En polare fiskar med ett rosamålat spö, gayline har han pillat dit som logga. Det ser ut som en lightsabre fight när han snakerollar :lol: han får mängder av fisk. Färg är nog inget annat än design i de flesta fall. Jag tror inte att ljusreflektionen är ett problem, skuggor däremot.

Länk till kommentera

Vissa fiskar reagerar på färger, t ex blir en del aggresiva av röda färger vilket kanske kan ge en riktigt "fisk-fight" (sjuka bilder dyker upp i skallen).

Mer seriöst tror jag färgen är mer avgörande för fiskaren, dock kan man fiska bättre med utrustning man själv trivs med. Om färgen på klingan tilltalar fiskaren kanske hen fiskar lite bättre och därför får mer fisk.

Länk till kommentera

Neutrala färger såsom svart, grå, mörkgrön etc. tilltalar de allra flesta. Jag tror inte många spötillverkare vågar ha andra färger på klingorna med risk att tappa köpare bara pga färgen.

För visst är det så, de flesta kan inte tänka sig ett vit, gult, rosa eller rött spö.

Jag tycker yellowline är grymma spön och har använt dem mycket, dock fått utså viss kritik av många pga färgen :)

Länk till kommentera

Jag slänger in några citat här. Mest för att röra om lite i grytan. Jag är nämligen fortfarande skeptisk till stealth-teorin.

John Dennys

Secrets of Angling, 1653

His rod or cane, made darke for being seen,

The less to feare the wary fyshe withal

Lord Baden Powell

The Fishing Gazette, 18 June 1904.

“Here is what I said on the subject in the ‘Field’ of March 28, 1903. ‘Why startle the fish with yellow or brown or shiny steel? He is not accustomed to heliographic signalling, but he is accustomed to green, waving boughs and tall bending reeds. Why have a bright varnished rod with silver rings within his sight? Go on to a salmon water and see the heliograph rods. You can count the rods a mile off by the glisten and flash. Many a man goes to the chalk stream and flashes a rod like a streak of lightning.

“I had my rods painted green. Fashion says that a dull green paint is not a shop finish, but I buy tackle to catch fish, not to advertise the tackle dealer.”

G E M Skues

The Way of a Trout with a Fly, A &c Black, 1921

“It would not perhaps be the worst guess that could be made if one were to hazard that blue was the colour to which trout are the least sensitive.

“It is the colour of sky and cloud, the background against which they see their food.

“The reference to a neutral grey recalls a greenheart rod of mine made by Farlow and painted heron-blue, and its extraordinary invisibility to the trout. Again and again I have held it over a trout lying under my bank, and have waved it to and fro without scaring him until I showed myself, and it certainly seemed as if it were of a colour to which the trout was almost insensible. I remember speculating at the time whether it was by reason of his scheme of coloration that the heron was able to get within striking distance of the fish. I afterwards had a split-cane Test rod built by Messrs. Hardy Brothers, and I got them to colour it similarly, but the varnish put a flash upon it which discounted its invisibility, and that and the fact that the colouring matter under or in the varnish added not a little to the weight of the rod led to my discontinuing the use of heron-blue colouring for my rods.”

Alan Pearson

Catching Big Trout, Stanley Paul, 1979

“One thing I am quite adamant about, and that is that the rod shall have a non-reflective finish. Some manufacturers will persist in ruining an otherwise excellent rod by dressing it up with gold or silver foil, lurid whippings and scintillating varnish, so that it bears an unholy resemblance to Christmas decorations in a Buenos Aires brothel. The amount of reflection from such rods is quite remarkable, and they give off brilliant flashes of light when the sun catches them. It is essential that the flash is removed from your rods, and nothing could be simpler than applying two or three coats of matt varnish. It can make the difference between failure and success. Why go to the trouble of advertising your presence to the trout?”

Brian Clarke and John Goddard

The Trout and the Fly, Ernest Benn, 1980

“In every case, when a gloss-varnished rod caught the sunlight, it heliographed its presence to the observer below water. There can be no knowing how many fish are not caught not because they have been ‘spooked’, but simply because they have been put ‘on guard’ by something as simple as the flash from a highly-varnished rod, even when it is being carried low-down by the angler. In all our experiments concerning the reflective powers of rods, the matte-varnished rod was much less easily seen.

“It is quite clear that the reflection of bright sunlight off gloss varnish must alert many trout, whether or not the angler is aware of it at the time.”

John Sautelle

Champagne Fly Fishing, Tas Trout Publications, Tasmania, 1990

“When confronted with my fly rods, which are invariably camouflaged, a lot of my acquaintances are adamant that that I carry the camouflage too far. I paint the rods with a khaki-colour paint. Then, when that coat is dry, I carelessly dab them with an olive-green colour in the same paint. Finally I coat the whole rod with a clear, matte-finish paint. I have often noticed that the first sight of another angler on a sunny day is a glint of sun on the rod. Being aware of the acute eyesight of trout, I decided to begin the camouflage exercise. I expect the two colours may not be really necessary. Probably just a coat or two of the matte-finish clear paint would be all that is required, but somehow I like the look of the two-coloured job. I feel sure this precaution has gained me a number of fish that would otherwise have been spooked by the rod flash. In any case it is really cheap insurance.”

Gary LaFontaine

The Dry Fly, New Angles, Greycliff Publishing Co, 1990

“There are no perfectly finished rods available to the flyfisherman.

“This has been known for a long time, at least since 1653

‘His rod or cane, made dark for being seen,

The less to fear the wary fish withal.’

Secrets of Angling, by John Dennys, was the rarest book in Harry’s library. He showed me the above passage one day to explain why he painted all of his bamboo rods, Paynes and Leonards mostly, a flat battleship grey.

“To make a perfect stalking rod the fly fisherman has to start with a blank, preferably with a slower, softer action than one of the popular fast designs, finish it a flat gray instead of a glossy polish and fit it with non-reflective guides and reel seat instead of bright metallic ones.

“The angler who has just paid many hundreds of dollars for a shiny new rod has a dilemma - does he want to look pretty or does he want to catch trout? If he chooses the latter there is still a way for him to get his money’s worth out of the rod. Right in the shop, right after paying for the rod, he can take a piece of steel wool and lightly rub the shaft. The look on the shop owner’s face will surely be worth the price of the rod.”

Länk till kommentera

Jag är helt klart benägen att hålla med Alan Pearson m.fl. att om man ska sträva efter spön som är icke-reflekterande, alltså spön med matt yta. I min (laxfiske)värld så ser fisken aldrig spöt rakt ovanifrån utan mer från sidan, och med tanke på att jag oftast har en massa träd och växtlighet bakom mig så tror jag knappast att fisken märker spöt mot den bakgrunden. Däremot om spöt reflekterar ljus ner i vattnet just där fisken står så bryter det mot normalmönstret och jag kan tänka mig att fisken blir lite mer vaksam.

Länk till kommentera